With the incidence of cancer increasing year on year1 and the occurrence of
cardiovascular diseases preventing many families from living a full life because
of disability,2 it is more important now than ever before to have Trauma Insurance.
Many Australian families struggle, both emotionally and financially, when someone in their family is diagnosed with a life threatening or debilitating health condition.
Here are some facts which may encourage you to think twice about Trauma Insurance:
In Australia, cancer has been the leading cause of death in Australia over the past six years, with more than 39,000 people estimated
to die from it each year. 1 in 2 men, and 1 in 3 women, will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85. Amongst the most
common cancers in Australia are cancer of the digestive organs, breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer.3
- Almost 3,000 men die each year of prostate cancer and around 18,700 new cases are diagnosed every year.
- Each day about 32 men learn news that they have prostate cancer – tragically one man every three hours will lose his battle against this insidious disease.
- More than 2,640 women will die from the disease in a single year – making it the leading cause of cancer-related death in females.
- One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer by the age of 85.
- Over 380,000 Australians are treated for skin cancer each year – that’s over 1,000 people every day.
- Over 1,600 Australians die from skin cancer each year.
- Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. Skin cancers account for around 80% of all new cancers diagnosed each year in Australia. Each year Australians are four times
more likely to develop a common skin cancer than any other form of cancer.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD)7
- CVD is the term used for heart, stroke and blood vessel diseases.
- CVD kills 1 Australian every 10 minutes and prevents 1.4 million people from living a full life because of disability caused by the disease.
- CVD is one of Australia’s largest health problems. Despite improvements over the last few decades, the health and economic burden of CVD exceeds that of any other disease.
To assist in easing the financial burden in the case of a traumatic event, we suggest Trauma Insurance Cover. To find out more about Trauma Insurance or if you require a quote, please contact us or fill out the “Get a Quote Today” enquiry form on our website.